Expert Colorist (Full Time, Recruiting for Philadelphia & New Jersey locations)
As a colorist at TCR, your main goal is to combine your talent and creativity to provide beautiful and brilliant hair color for everyone.
Colorist Responsibilities include:
- Attend all education classes provided by The Color Room.
- Consulting with clients to better understand their hair goals and needs.
- Staying up to date on all upcoming hair trends.
- Have a portfolio filled with techniques such as: balayage, fashion Colors, highlights, color corrections etc.
- Ability to provide all of the color services that TCR offers. Must be able to blowout and cut hair, if for some reason the skill is not perfected TCR will provide the proper training with in-house educators.
- Be able to educate clients on all of the products carried by the salon (training will be provided). Use that knowledge to sell and grow retail sales.
- Have incredible customer service and maintain a strong client retention.
- Have a positive "can do" attitude at all times.
- Train and mentor junior stylists helping them to move up the ranks.
- Come to work ready in dress code & have hair & makeup done.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have at least 2-5 years of salon experience including professional color training.
- High school graduate or equivalent is a must.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering remarkable customer service.
- Must have a valid cosmetology license in the state of which applying for the position.
- Must be able to set and meet goals.
- Must be able to work a schedule that may include: weekends and evening hours.
- Must have or be open minded to creating a social media account for yourself as an employee at TCR. Must post at least five times a week of work. Must share promotions happening at TCR and support the TCR social media pages. (Training available if needed.)
- Present yourself in a fashionable form. Must be willing to change hair every quarter to stay current with trends.
- Must be ready and available for all education provided by the salon.
If you’ve relocated or just started your career and don’t have a following of clients, our company can help you build it. Here at TCR, we’ll develop your book through marketing campaigns and the top reputation we keep in the market. We work towards our artists achieving a goal of $3,000-$5,000 a week in service sales. Depending on your commitment to your schedule, we will show you how to hit that goal!
Send your resume, portfolio, and references to email@example.com to apply.